Tuesday 4 June 2019

Tornado Myth

This week we're focusing on Myths and legends.
We had to choose a natural disaster and I did Tornadoes.

My myth is set around two characters Tumanako and Whakangro god of light and darkness being in love but separated. Whakangro has an idea on how he can talk to his lover.

This is my myth:

Tumanako god of light and Whakangaro god of darkness were in love but was sadly separated because of the darkness covering Tumankos heart killing her spreading more and more like the plague….

Whakangaro had an idea how he could talk to his lover so he went and saw
“Please, Please help me!” whakangro cried. In the end they had agreement to send messages between Tumanako and Whakangaro.

But sometimes the messages bump into each other and twirl around like their dancing, The messages keep going causing Tornadoes until they finally get pulled apart and get lost.
If you listen closely after a tornado you can hear their messages.



4 comments:

  1. Kia,
    Hi I'm Grace a year 7 student from yaldhurst model school.
    I really enjoyed your blog post because you explained the story and then your myth.
    Maybe next time you could improve on explaining at the start a bit more like why you chose it and how you thought you could improve .

    Why did you choose that one?
    Did you like the myth and what do you think about it?

    Kind regards , Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, Staci I'm Jacob from Yaldhurst Model school. I really like your blog post about Tornado Myth, this is a really good blog post you have done. maybe you should add a video you are reading it so we can hare it. The interesting part was the Whakangaro part because I like the part where it says in the end. They had to a agreement to send messages. This is a question how did you come up with this idea or did the teacher came up with it.

    From Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Staci, My name is Julia and I am a year 8 student at Yaldhurst Model School.

    This post is quite interesting. I liked the way that you started out the post by explaining what you were doing, then you went on to explain further information which would help the reader to understand what the myth was.

    This reminded me of when I was little and as a class we were looking at myths and legends, I remember reading the ones about Maui and his hook.

    To improve this maybe you could add some visuals to make the reader find the post more interesting.

    What was your favourite part about this activity? Why did you do this activity?

    Apart from that, this post was great. I think it is awesome you put some effort into this blog.

    Kind Regards
    Julia
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora staci
    My name is Laolao from point england school in auckland I really loved your myth it was the secound one I saw from your class it was really cool and amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.